Measuring Processes Course
Leonardo Consulting BPM Education
If you aren’t actively measuring process performance, you aren’t doing process management, and you wouldn’t know if you were doing process improvement.
Measuring processes is a prerequisite to improving and managing them. This two-day course provides valuable insights into, and practical tools for, the discovery, definition and management of effective process performance measures. The theory, tools and techniques discussed in class are immediately applied in group work exercises. On completing the course, students are well equipped with all they need to immediately develop a coherent set of process performance measures.
Who Should Attend
This course is for anyone involved in the measurement of organisational performance, especially for those who take a process-based management approach. Executives, managers, process practitioners, business analysts and anyone involved in the management or improvement of business processes will gain valuable and practical insights from this course.
You will learn how to:
- Six Process Perspectives
- Measurement Themes
- Stakeholder Priority Matrix
- Process Measures Matrix
- Rationalising Questions
- Performance Leakage Points
- Measurement Methods
- Performance Trail Markers
- Mistake Proofing Approach
- Process Measures Record
- Participants are tutored to use effective techniques to measure process performance.
- More than just a mechanical practice, process performance measurement is a critical element of effective process-based management. This course presents measurement in the context of management.
- Not simply a course of instruction, this is an interactive program integrating leading edge theory with practical tools using real world exercises and case studies
- Attendees take away tools and techniques that can be applied immediately.