A ‘Capability and Functional Alignment Review’ conducted in 2017 provided a number of recommendations to position Queensland Building & Construction Commission (QBCC) to achieve its vision to be an effective regulator that builds trust and confidence. A ‘Process Optimisation Design’ (POD) project was initiated to improve operational processes and compliment a wider ‘Workforce Capability Assessment’.
- The key drivers for this project include:
- Increased workloads for existing resources due to legislative reforms and emerging changes in industry trends
- Duplicated effort and operational inefficiencies due to ineffective processes
- The need to reduce operating expenditure to remediate deficit issues
- The statistics from the ‘Employee Assistance Program’ indicates increase in staff accessing the program which can be due to sub-optimal overall work satisfaction
- Leonardo was engaged to reduce escalating costs, improve profitability and create transparency over the
organisation’s business processes by designing and implementing business process changes.