Creating valuable process models
Are you getting maximum benefit from your process modeling?Process models are catalysts to organizational improvement. Only valuable models allow you to maximize your return on investment of process models. Modeling Excellence enables you for this success.
What is Modeling Excellence?'
Over 35 days, our experts deliver 9 proven practice methods to create valuable models used across the organization.
Organizations that implement this approach will:
- Create valuable models enabling process based decisions
- Accelerate setup of a modeling competency center using robust techniques and out-of-the-box templates
What makes this modeling approach unique?
- Built on proven modeling success across a variety of industry sectors, sizes and geographies.
- Designed to avoid common expensive modeling pitfalls
- Delivered by experts with vast experience and specialized knowledge
- Backed by global thought-leaders, technology and consulting practioners
What are the 9 Steps to Modeling Excellence?
- Define Purpose of Modeling - One of the first key steps. This establishes a solid foundation of your modeling journey. It has to be performed prior to any modeling. The aim is to assess and establish agreed reason(s) for your modeling efforts.
- Determine Scope and Depth of Modeling- Establish your scope and depth of modeling. This involves identifying how much modeling is enough (i.e. when to start and stop your modeling efforts).
- Resolve Modeler’s Dilemma - How much information is too much or too little in your process models? It is easy to get tied up with getting all possible information on models - as well as omitting crucial elements. In this step, we resolve the ‘just right’ amount of modeling information.
- Design Modeling Conventions - Modeling Conventions guide notation, relationships, and look-and-feel. This way you ensure model consistently and adoption of a common modeling ‘language’ by all stakeholders.
- Model within a Process Architecture - The process architecture houses an ecosystem of process model interconnectivity. Placing your models in the right place tremendously benefits change impact assessment and decision making.
- Govern Model Lifecycle - Each model undergoes multiple stages in its lifecycle: namely create, review and publish.. Governing the lifecycle establishes control over changes in your modeling content, resulting in reliable and up-to-date models.
- Develop Model Quality Framework (MQF) - We guide you to quantitatively define model quality from the semantic, syntactic and pragmatic viewpoints. Each model is assessed against the MQF to establish it’s eligibility to be valuable.
- Reuse Models - There is no point creating process models if you’ve not thought about how they’ll be used. This step helps you embed them in your existing organizational methodologies
- Sell Model Benefits - Explore ways in which the organization creates excitement and awareness of process model benefits. Leverage proven contemporary techniques to drive adoption and large scale use.
How can we help your business?
Let us show you how Process Modeling Excellence can help your organisation deliver value to its customers and stakeholders.
REQUEST FREE CONSULTATION