BPTA 102 - Introduction to Business Process Modelling, Analysis & Design
BPTrends Associates BPM Professional Certificate - BPTA 102
This course provides an introduction to the skills and techniques required to analyse and design new processes or to redesign and improve existing processes. This course presents the process analysis, modelling and design techniques and tools required to improve performance. Participants will learn to scope specific processes using graphical models to document results. They will learn how to define measurement techniques for evaluating outcomes and how to model As-Is and To-Be process workflows using BPMN notation. The course is organised around a universally applicable case study that will be developed by attendees working in teams. The approach is hands-on and business oriented and attendees will be able to immediately apply what they learn within their own organisations.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for business analysts and process practitioners and provides a comprehensive introduction to the skills and techniques used in analysing business processes and redesigning or improving processes. This Modelling, Analysis and Design course is a must for business and IT architects, analysts and designers involved in process-managed organisations, process-based change and the automation of process solutions.
After this course you will understand:
- the principles and benefits of proven analysis and design techniques
- how to identify and capture all of the issues related to the process
- how to determine the scope of the process improvement project
- how to identify opportunities for improving business process performance
- the roles and responsibilities of the people in the process
- how to develop a common language for describing business processes.
You will learn how to:
- appropriately analyse and scope a business process problem
- create BPMN process flow diagrams
- select and apply the proper tools and techniques to model, analyse, manage, measure and improve processes
- apply creative thinking approaches and design techniques to process improvement
- develop critical measures for evaluating business process performance
- develop and apply testing and validating methods to new process designs.